Advising Private Clients
Our priority as a group is comprehensive service in estate,
gift, and elder law planning, estate and trust administration, estate
and trust litigation, guardianships, taxation, and domestic partnership rights. Our resources
are focused on individuals in all stages of life and to providing
advice to businesses and business owners. We believe in the necessity
of a strong partnership with our clients. Our approach fosters an
open and continuing dialog with each client to better serve
our clients and exceed their expectations.
- Preparation of wills, trust agreements, powers of attorney, living wills
and health care directives, and sophisticated estate planning documents
to ensure our
clients’ planning wishes are met. We also advise clients interested
in charitable legacies through the use of charitable trusts, private
foundations, and other charitable dispositions.
- Advice to individual and corporate fiduciaries in the administration of estates and trusts. We assist fiduciaries throughout the life of the administration of such estates and trusts and in the termination of such entities.
- Advice to clients regarding long-term care, disability, asset protection, Medicaid, and other governmental and private benefit issues. We recognize and address the unique requirements of individuals with special needs or who require extended care.
- Representation and counsel to clients in all phases of guardianship
proceedings and estate and trust litigation, such as will contests
and elective share claims, in the most cost-efficient way possible.
- Assistance to clients with business succession planning and choice
of business entity. We prepare corporate agreements, stockholders'
agreements, partnership agreements, limited liability entity agreements,
employment agreements and other corporate documents to assist individuals
and businesses in attaining their goals.
- Advice to domestic partners regarding legal protection of property, assets and minor children.
A Belief in Long Term Relationships
The Taxation, Trusts and Estates Group, and Coughlin Duffy
LLP in general, was founded to serve its clients on an ongoing, long-term
basis, on projects both large and small. We believe in specialized
and prompt attention to our clients that foster long-term relationships
built on knowledge, experience, and consistent client satisfaction.