Joseph P. Fiteni
Of Counseljfiteni@coughlinduffy.com 350 Mount Kemble Avenue
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Direct (973) 631-6093
Fax (973) 267-6442
P.O. Box 1917
Morristown, NJ 07962
Joseph P. Fiteni is Of Counsel in the Firm's Commercial Services Group.
His practice focuses on the defense of litigated matters in the areas of commercial, personal injury, property damage, toxic tort, environmental, pharmaceutical and construction defect. Joe also has significant experience handling complex insurance coverage matters for both domestic and international insurers.
Joe regularly participates in all facets of litigation, from initial evaluation and discovery through expert preparation, trial and post-trial briefing. He regularly handles cases in state and federal courts in New Jersey, New York, and other jurisdictions, including the asbestos federal multi-district litigation (MDL 875) in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Joe is also routinely involved in the resolution of cases through negotiation/settlement, arbitration and mediation.
Prior to joining Coughlin Duffy in March 2013, Joe was an associate with Mendes & Mount LLP’s Newark, New Jersey office, where he practiced in the areas of insurance coverage, product liability defense, mass torts and commercial litigation.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Gettysburg College (B.A., 2004)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (2007)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (2010)
- State of New Jersey (2007)
- State of New York (2008)
- Defense of toxic tort and personal injury claims, with significant experience in cases involving exposures to asbestos and mold.
- Representation of closely held corporations and limited liability companies in commercial disputes.
- Prosecution and defense of property damage claims for impairment or loss of underground utilities.
- Defense of product liability claims, including the defense of aviation component manufacturers in wrongful death suits.
- Representation of domestic and international insurers in asbestos and pollution insurance coverage matters.
- Representation of insurance companies in disputes concerning additional insured status, other insurance clauses and control of defense and selection of counsel.
Awards and Honors
New Jersey Rising Stars (2014 - 2019)
Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- May 3, 2019 Coughlin Duffy Named as an Environmental Leader by CIANJ and COMMERCE Magazine
May 3, 2019
Coughlin Duffy LLP is honored to be selected as a finalist in the first annual Commerce and Industry Association of New...
- March 12, 2019 Coughlin Duffy Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers 2019 List
March 12, 2019
Coughlin Duffy LLP is pleased to share that eight of the Firm's attorneys have been selected to the 2019 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars list...
- August 2, 2018 New Jersey Supreme Court Embraces Use Of Daubert Factors To Determine Admissibility Of Expert Opinion
August 2, 2018
On August 1, 2018, the New Jersey Supreme Court issued an important decision in Multi-County Litigation (“MCL”) cases involving the...
- March 14, 2015 Coughlin Duffy LLP is pleased to announce that 20 of its attorneys were selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers® and New Jersey Rising Stars®
March 14, 2015
New Jersey Super Lawyers® is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and...